Why We Do It
We are a close-knit network of professionals who are passionate about solving intractable problems. We love technology and are mad about all things that improve the service experience for both customers and businesses.
Solving old problems in new ways is what excites us.
You won’t get long PowerPoint decks from us! You’ll just get honest, practical and simple solutions, along with a practical plan to make it happen.
We do it that way because we believe the world needs simple solutions to complex problems.
Who We Are
We are a consulting business with a difference. We don’t employ expensive partners, we don’t charge by the hour and we don’t try to sell you something you don’t need. What we do is offer real advice and propose real solutions.
If the team you speak to don’t have the answers, they will know how to find them.
We work in a networked world, and through our careers we have stumbled across many people, some are those who think like us and who can articulate really complex ideas in simple terms. They are the people who we invite to join our network of expertise and knowledge.
The Confluent team are all practitioners. Each member has stood in your shoes and pondered the difficult questions that you face today. We detest jargon and prefer to talk in plain English, and we collect people who do the same to build our team and our knowledge.
We have no boundaries. We live where it makes us happy and work all over the world.
How We Work
All our engagements start in the same, simple way. We have a conversation and we ask lots of questions.
Our aim, first and foremost, is to try to understand what you do and build a picture of the sorts of challenges your business will be faced with today and into the future.
Our solutions are practical and allow you to start straight away. Technology plays a key role here, remember, we love that stuff!
We’ll also find you the technology partners to make it happen. We’ll also be working with them in the background to shape their products and services with a view to solving your problems faster and more efficiently!
Our goal is to connect parties in a more efficient and effective way than they could achieve on their own.
We typically work on short term assignments on a fixed cost basis. You know what you pay and you know what you’ll get. We ask 25% upfront which will secure you a slot in our diaries. When the work is complete you release the rest of the funds through our simple payment solution.
Who Do We Work With?
We tend to specialise in areas where we have the kind of practical understanding which comes from ‘doing’.
Normally this includes:
Fintech and Regtech startups/scale ups
Higher education institutions
Outsourcing and Shared Services
What Are We Asked?
- We have a very siloed organisation and it’s becoming difficult to maintain service levels as traditional funding becomes more difficult to access. What do we do?
- We acquired two business lines some years back and we don’t know what to do to integrate them?
- We use a number of different platforms for our administration, we want to consolidate them as we know that will save us money, which one should we choose?
- We have heard about this thing called Blockchain and we want to know how we can use it in our business context?
- We really like our existing technology partner and their solutions but we want to know what else is out there!
- The data protection rules are changing so that consumers will have greater control of their data. What do we do about that?
- I have a new platform which I have built, it’s going really well, much better than I expected, how do I scale it up?
- Service provision in our organisation is really complex and a nightmare for our customers. How do we make it more joined-up?
- I would like to launch our service into a new market. Can you help me form a strategy for going about it?
- I would like to expand my business and need capital. Can you help me find a capital partner and help me manage the process?
New MIFID II regulations will soon allow discretionary investment managers (DIM’s) to rely firmly on advisers assessment of suitability when recommending a portfolio manager. While seemingly benign, this is a major step forward in clarity in terms of who ‘carries the can’ for advice and investment management and is likely to support the ongoing growth Read More »
Forget about fancy technology, automation and six sigma when it comes to scaling platforms. The real trick is to think of your platform business as one long, interconnected and interdependent system. Along that system there are blockages, things that take time, energy and effort to resolve and slow down the overall system. This leads to Read More »
When one thinks of traditional asset classes we think of equities, bonds, commodities, property and cash. Now add ‘Personal Data’ to the list of available investments. Just like oil powered the factories and machines in the industrial revolution. Personal Data will be the fuel which allows the ‘new’ machines and algorithms to operate. Without it Read More »
Out of the roaring days days of the 90’s came the distruptors of their time – the retail investment platforms. 20+ years on, platforms are now the pseudo default model throughout much of the mature retail financial service sector. In large part helped by a wave of global regulation determined to remove the bias inherent Read More »
A basic tenet of the bancassurance model is cross-subsidisation. That is, more profitable lines in one part of the business are used to offset less profitable lines in other parts of the business. Whilst not a new way of doing business, it does distort the real cost of doing business for the consumer. For bank customers, this may Read More »
Get In Touch
Please contact us to find out more about us and how we may be able to help evolve your business in a fast changing world.